Monday, June 4, 2012

4 Jun 12 (Mon) - Song Pyeon

After serveral failed attempts at making song pyeon and yesterday's failure at making the sweet rice and pumpkin tteok, I decided to give song pyeon another try. Googled for recipes and I got confused because some recipes called for glutinous rice flour while some called for non-glutinous rice flour.

As I only have glutinous rice flour so had to use that instead. And since I still have some pumpkin paste left, so used that as the filling and even mixed a bit of it to make the dough. This time I used the boiling method, the result were not too ugly but still nowhere close to the actual song pyeon which has more shape and volume. Mine were more towards the flat side. I wonder if it has anything to do with the type of flour used or the method of cooking which should have been steaming.


Normal plain dough


Uncook song pyeon

Dough with pumpkin paste added


Cooked song pyeon

Close-up

No comments: