Monday, September 21, 2020

21 Sep 20 (Mon) - Pad Krapow Moo and Pickled Radish & Carrot

Been stuck at home (and work from home) most of the time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and thought of trying to grow some edibles at home since I cook more often nowadays. Started with mint which is relatively easy to propagate. Then I decided to grow dill and basil. Went to the NTUC to look for them in the chilled section and bought a box each. Used water to try to propagate some cuttings and used the rest for cooking. So what can I cook using basil? Went back to my favourite dish, pad krapow moo, since I cannot visit Thailand anytime soon. Guess I got to work hard on my plating and cooking of the sunny side up. Heh.

There were some radish and carrot left in the fridge from last week so googled for a recipe to use them. Found one from "My Korean Kitchen" which was easy to follow. Tweaked the recipe to use 75g sugar, 75ml water, 75ml apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt for a 500g honey jar. Used half of a small radish and half of a carrot. The amount turned out to be just nice. Now just need to chill it in the fridge before eating.

No comments: