Sunday, March 2, 2014

2 Mar 14 (Sun) - Cordyceps Flower Steamed Chicken Thigh and Orange Sunriser

Still on the cordyceps flower bandwagon and today I used it to steam chicken thigh. The end result was really good and I think maybe next time I can add a bit of Chinese wine towards the end of the steaming to make it more fragrant.

Again the recipe is based entirely on my own estimations.

Ingredients:
1 chicken thigh
8g cordyceps flower
4 red dates
1 tsp wolfberries
1 small ginseng, break to 3 parts
salt

Method:
1.  Clean the chicken thigh, remove all visible fats and marinate with some salt for 15 mins
2.  Soak cordyceps flower in hot water for 15 mins and drain
3.  Soak red dates for 15 mins and cut to 3 parts each
4.  Rinse wolfberries and ginseng parts
5.  Place chicken thigh on steaming dish, arrange cordyceps flower, red dates, wolfberries and ginseng on top and around the chicken thigh
6.  Steam chicken thigh over med-low heat for 15 mins or until meat is cooked
7.  Remove from heat and serve warm


Saw an interesting recipe called Orange Sunriser in a catalog featuring Philips electrical products and decided to give it a try since I have the necessary ingredients. The result didn't turn out the way I had imagined it to be. Perhaps I had added too much orange juice when I blended the frozen strawberries or my blender just wasn't meant for this. Though it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be, fortunately the taste was good.


Ingredients (Serves 1):
2 sunkist 3107 oranges
5 frozen strawberries*
1 tsp sugar

Method:
1.  Juice the oranges and set aside
2.  Blend the frozen strawberries with sugar and 1 tbsp of orange juice until the consistency is that of a frozen slush
3.  Fill a glass with orange juice till 3/4 full and fill the remaining 1/4 with the strawberry frozen slush
4.  Serve with a straw

* Remove the leaves before freezing

No comments: