Saturday, October 15, 2016

15 Oct 16 (Sat) - Baked Sweet Potato & Pumpkin with Sour Cream

It had been a long time since the last post back in mid-June. My kitchen underwent a revamp after that for a few months and now it is back in "business". Bought a Panasonic Combi-oven (Model: NN-DS592B) and decided to try recipes that I had never been able to do before. As this is my very first combi-oven (I have been using microwave oven all this while), I had to read the manual very carefully before using it for cooking.

Today I attempted something simple, baked sweet potato and pumpkin. Modified the "Quick Baked Potatoes" recipe that I found on "She Wears Many Hat" by Amy and the result was pretty good. First look at the dish, I think one would think that it was meant to be some sort of a dessert, with sweet potatoes and pumpkin as ingredients. However, it was actually a savory dish which I ate as lunch. Heh.


Ingredients:
1-2 tbsp olive oil (I used lemon-infused oilve oil)
2 Japanese sweet potatoes, washed
1 wedge of pumpkin, rinsed
some salt (I used himalayan salt)
some mixed herbs
a dash of cinnamon powder

Method:
1.  Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius
2.  Line metal tray with baking paper
3.  Drizzle the lined baking paper with olive oil
4.  Cut sweet potatoes in half length wise and pumpkin into big chunks
5.  Coat sweet potatoes and pumpkin evenly with the olive oil on the baking paper
6.  Place sweet potatoes cut side down and pumpkin skin side down on lined baking paper
7.  Sprinkle sweet potatoes and pumpkin with salt, mixed herbs and cinnamon powder
8.  Bake at 180 degree celsius for 20-25 mins and check with fork for doneness
9.  Serve with sour cream and some spring onions

No comments: