Friday, February 21, 2020

21 Feb 20 (Fri) - Mee Sua Kueh (面线糕)

Joined a Facebook group called "Home-cooked Delights 家常便饭" for a while now. It was introduced to me by my sis because the members in that group tend to post photos of old-school dishes which our mum used to cook.

Saw a post on "Mee Sua Kueh (面线糕)" recently by the admin, Kenneth Goh. Read his blog post with interest and since I am spending time with my sis, I decided to give this recipe a shot.

Tried to follow the recipe as closely as possible and it seemed to turn out well until I unmould the kueh from the tray. The bottom was still a bit wet.

Fortunately, the taste was still good. Not too bad for a first attempt.


---------------- Edited on 22 Feb 2020 ----------------

Pan-fried the leftover kueh as lunch and it tasted even better because some parts became crispy. Goes well with sambal belacan.

No comments: