Monday, February 22, 2010

22 Feb 10 (Mon) – SoEZ Lesson 3 (Paranakan)

Was on leave today again since last Friday and decided to go for another cooking lesson since I have the time and also I could get more discounts since it’s my birthday month. Since I had gone for Japanese Cuisine last Friday, so today went for the Chinese Paranakan Cuisine instead. Registered for the 2:30pm class and again as it was a weekday afternoon class, there were only four of us, two Caucasian ladies, one Chinese lady and myself. The instructor for the day was Chef Steven Low and he was equally friendly. Though not as humorous as Chef Kent, he was more fatherly type. He guided us through the cooking and we had fun on the whole. Compared to Japanese Cuisine, Paranaka Cuisine was more complicated and required more ingredients. The Chinese lady, named D, was also a foodie and loves to cook. Before the lesson began, she was asking me about how the class was like coz I had been here several times. So chatted with her and she suggested exchanging numbers so that we could go for cooking class together in future. During lesson, she asked Chef Low a lot of questions and even after class, she stayed back for a while to ask more questions.

Udang Masak Nanas (Prawns with Pineapple)

Sayur Lodeh (Vegetables Curry)

Ayam Ponteh (Chicken with Bamboo Shoots)

No comments: