Sunday, February 14, 2010

14 Feb 10 (Sun) – CNY Lunch

For the past three years, during the first day of the Lunar New Year, I would cook lunch and waited for my sis and her family as well as my elder niece and her dad to come and eat before leaving with my sis back to her house to spend the rest of the Lunar New Year. This year, however, there had been a change. My sis shifted from her HDB flat to a condominium and so BIL suggested that I cooked the CNY lunch at his place and invite my elder niece and her dad over.

Started preparing the ingredients bright and early after breakfast with some help from my sis. Started cooking around 10+am and only finished just in time my elder niece and her dad reached. Cooked sushi, breaded prawns, vegetables with abalone and BIL made grilled chicken. Overall comments on the food was good and was especially happy when my elder niece, M, enjoyed the food.

Bull-Dog Plum Sauce and Mizkan Rice Vinegar

Akita Komachi Japanese Rice

Mizkan Cooking Sake and Ajinomoto Japanese Mayonnaise

Breaded Prawns, Fried Bread Crumbs, California Maki, Small Maki and Hand Rolls

Hand Rolls
(Yaki Nori, Sushi Rice, Rice Vinegar, Japanese Cucumber, Avocado, Ebiko, Crab Stick and Mayonnaise)

Breaded Prawns
(Glass Prawns, Egg, Corn Flour and Bread Crumbs)

California Maki and Small Maki
(Yaki Nori, Sushi Rice, Rice Vinegar, Japanese Cucumber, Avocado, Ebiko, Crab Stick and Mayonnaise)

No comments: