Saturday, May 19, 2012

19 May 12 (Sat) - Chocolate Vanilla Marble Cupcakes

After knowing that my darling niece, M, will be coming down to visit during this weekend, I went to bake some cupcakes using the Happycall pan. Don't recall that she ever has a chance to taste my baking coz I don't have an oven at home. After the previous three attempts at baking using HCP, I have slightly more confident and so decided to try something different from the basic vanilla cupcakes.

As I didn't have any cocoa powder so I melted some dark chocolate buttons with a bit of evaporated milk and set aside. Again I forgot to buy fresh milk so I substituted it with evaporated milk but at a reduced amount since I used some to melt the chocolate buttons which I would add to the cake batter later.

Follow the usual vanilla cupcake recipe and then swirled in the melted chocolate before distributing the cake batter amongst the cupcake cases. Baked the cakes for 10 minutes, then opened the pan to add some ground peanuts to the cakes and continued to bake for another 5 minutes. Left them cakes to rest in the pan for a few minutes before taking them out to cool.

I hope they taste good and M will like them. Pending feedback from her and I look forward to her visit!




---------------- Edited on 20 May 2012 ----------------

M came to visit me about 9+pm last night and when I showed her the plate of cakes, she made a face that she couldn't eat any more. So gave her a plastic bag and said she can pack the cakes home to eat. We sat down in the kitchen to chat and few minutes into the chat, M automatically took a cake to eat.

As we continued to chat for the next 3 hours, M ate one cake after the other till she finished the whole plate of cakes by the time we were done chatting. Asked her how she finds the cakes and she gave a two thumbs up. I was happy and I believed that M has given me a truthful feedback and not just patronising me because I'm her aunt.

No comments: