Wednesday, May 16, 2012

16 May 12 (Wed) - Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Chips (Happycall Version)

Will be meeting SWT for lunch tomorrow and so baked some cupcakes for her to try. Forgot to get fresh milk so substituted with evaporated milk instead. Baked the cakes over low heat and shifting the Happycall pan now and then for about 8 minutes before opening it to add in the chocolate chips. Then continued to bake for another 5 minutes before flipping the pan over to bake for another 3 minutes.

Turned out the top of the cakes got a bit browned and slightly flatten due to direct contact with the pan. The chocolate chips still sank to the bottom even when I added them only after 8 minutes of baking. After I was done, googled about using evaporated milk in baking and read that if one added equal amount of water to it, one can use that as substitute for fresh milk. Oh dear, I hope the cupcakes will taste ok. Will only know tomorrow.

Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Chips

On another note, ever since my little big sis introduced me to The Dr. Oz Show on Ch 5, I have been checking the website for information quite regularly, especially on how to lose weight. Saw the video clip on "Rev Your Metabolism in 2 Minutes" and one of the methods is to drink matcha tea while another is to do simple exercise using an exercise belt, which I have. So today I actually brought my exercise belt to work and did a few minutes of the exercise shown in the clip during lunchtime. And after work, I went to get the matcha tea from the Yamakawa Supermart in Tiong Bahru Plaza which cost S$12.50.

Matcha Tea

---------------- Edited on 17 May 2012 ----------------

Feedback from SWT was that the cakes were moist but I didn't put enough chocolate chips. Another colleague also gave the same feedback. As for me, I was just glad that by doing a direct substitute of the fresh milk with evaporated milk didn't result in bad tasting cakes!

No comments: