Saturday, September 11, 2010

11 Sep 10 (Sat) - Ribena Flavour Konnyaku Jelly

Tried making Konnyaku Jelly last Sunday when I was at my sis's place. However, one wrong step and all went down the drain. That one wrong step was that instead of adding the Konnyaku Jelly powder GRADUALLY, I poured all into the pot of boiling Ribena all at once and so the powder was not able to dissolve properly. Therefore, the jelly was not able to set properly and when taken out of the jelly mould, they turned to liquid after sometime.

So today I tried again and this time it worked perfectly. However, I noticed that the end product was a bit too hard for my liking although I added the exact amount of water (950ml) and also the Ribena taste was not distinct enough. I guessed it was because I only added about 330ml of Ribena drink and topped the rest with water and so it got diluted. Will try with a different combination tomorrow and add more liquid so that the texture of the jelly will be softer.

Ribena Flavour Konnyaku Jelly

No comments: