Friday, October 1, 2010

1 Oct 10 - Day 8 (Seoul)

Morning call at 7am and gathered at the lobby at 8am. Had to travel out for breakfast before going to the Korean Cordyceps Monopoly Showroom where the lady introduced their best selling product - Liver Tonic (护肝宝) instead of the Cordyceps. By the way, their cordyceps were not the black and dried type that we usually see back home. Theirs were fresh and whole stored in a big, transparent container. Good products come with expensive price tags and so again M and I didn't get anything even though M was tempted to get for her dad. The lady said the Liver Tonic is good for people who have been taking Western medications for a long time.

After that, we headed to a place near Incheon Airport where the two levels sell all the Korean local products from food to souvenirs. Because we had limited cash so we had to be careful of what we throw into our shopping baskets. Bought kimchi seaweed to share with M, bamboo salt seaweed for sis's place, three boxes of choco pie, a box of ginseng tea to share with M and some others. After making payment, we went out to have our stuff packed into a big box together with the two bottles of honey that I bought from Jeju. Since we still had time so we went back into the shop to browse again.

Settled our lunch on the third floor and we had dumpling steamboat which was rather nice. After that, we headed to Incheon Airport and we were very early. Only one counter was opened and the counter lady was very strict on our luggage weights where one passenger was entitled to 25kg. The four friends had their limits burst and so Hanna asked us to do them a favor by taking out some of our stuff out to hand carry. So M had to take out her CDs and put inside her new backpack to be carried up to the plane. We were unhappy about it but what could we do? The rest of the group also had to repack their stuff coz most of them had limits burst and some didn’t have the sense to pack their masks into their luggage and thought they could hand carry up the plane. For Christ sake, those masks contained moisture and liquid, of course those were not allowed on board.

Our last meal in Korea, steamboat dumpling

Finally after a long time, all of us had our luggage checked in and then we checked ourselves in after saying goodbye to Hanna. Most of the shops inside the Airport were repetitive and so didn’t bother to explore. Saw the Cultural Centre and there were foreigners inside doing hand painting of paper fans. Checked with the staff how long it would take and was told it would take about 20min. So we sat ourselves down and started painting. The four friends also came to try their hands on it and they managed to finish before we did. After we were done, went to the restroom and waited at the designated gate for boarding and we were on our way back home.

Our hand-painted paper fans

 Bibimbap dinner on the plane

Sunset view from the plane

Thoughts: Those inconsiderate group members should know better than to bust their limits and inconvenient the others. During the trip, found out that the four friends, the two friends and the couple were smokers. After every meal, they would go out to smoke together. And poor us had to endure all the secondhand smoke. Also all the eight of them also couldn’t survive without chili in their food. Those four friends were also big eaters and they eat very fast too which pressurized M.

No comments: