Sunday, June 17, 2012

17 Jun 12 (Sun) - Aglio Olio 4-Cheese Ravioli and Black Glutinious Rice Porridge Ice Cream [Bubur Pulut Hitam Es Krim] (黑糯米粥冰淇淋)

While doing marketing at Carrefour last Friday, I bought a pack of ravioli. The packaging was in French so I could not read how to prepare the ravioli. Therefore, I had to cook it my own way by just boiling them. Since I didn't get any cream sauce or tomato sauce, hence had to just make the ravioli the aglio olio way. Hrm... I still miss the one I had from "Lavelle Street Café" in Advancetown, Brisbane.

                    
        
  
Yesterday made bubur pulut hitam ice cream so today took it out from the freezer to try. It was very hard and I had to thaw it for about 10 minutes before it can be scoop easily. Taste wise, the bubur pulut hitam taste was not intense and I think it would have been better if I had put less of the glutinous rice and added the syrup instead because texture wise, I think it is tiring for the jaw to have to chew the glutinous rice. Did try to blend the mixture yesterday hoping to breakdown the glutinous rice to smaller bits but wasn't very successful. Hrm... Maybe I should have made them into popsicle instead just like the red bean potong.


Ingredients:
1 cup black glutinous rice porridge*
140ml evaporated milk
200ml coconut milk
6 tsp icing sugar

Method:
1.  Mix all ingredients together in a blender and blend for 3 minutes
2.  Pour into a container of your choice and put into the freezer
3.  Take out after 2 hours to churn
4.  Repeat for another 2-3 times and leave in the freezer to freeze overnight

* About 50g of black glutinous rice yield one cup

No comments: