Monday, August 9, 2010

9 Aug 10 (Mon – National Day) - Tteokbokki

Cooked Tteokbokki today coz I still have half a box of the chili paste left and also because I had promised NLK that I would bring some for her to sample. This time round, I used the local dried rice cake instead of the fresh ones and it didn’t turn out as good as the first round. Wonder if it was due to the rice cake or I had put in too much cabbage. Messaged M to take some and she came down with a container. Told her that it didn’t taste as good and she agreed.

We went Bugis Junction over the last Saturday and she showed me the Tteokbokki stall that she frequent. There were two stalls selling Tteokbokki amongst other Korean street food. So we bought a box from each stall to compare. It turns out that the one she frequents tasted closer to the one I had during the Food Festival. Sweeter with thicker sauce while the other stall had adjusted the taste so that its more localize towards the savory side.

Tteokbokki
(Local Rice Cake, Korean Red Pepper Paste, Nappa Cabbage and Fish Cake)

No comments: