Monday, March 5, 2012

5 Mar 12 (Mon) - Pancakes

Ever since I cooked two dishes using the Happycall Pan over the weekend, I never stopped thinking about the next dish to cook. I have so many ideas that I want to put into actions yet I have to be patient and wait till the following weekend. So in the meantime, I have to make do with simple ones that can be done in a short time after work and I decided to make pancakes today and rosti tomorrow.

Made the peaches & cream yogurt yesterday using the Easiyo premix and the yogurt maker and thought maybe I could try using that to make into ice cream too. So it was making ice cream, pancakes and boiling the potatoes for tomorrow's rosti. Cooked, washed and cleaned for three hours before I was finally done for the night.

The pancakes were nice and soft. Tasted good with honey and butter. Basically you can eat them with anything you like. As for the ice cream, I can only taste it tomorrow when it sets.


When it starts to bubble, flip it over.

And you get this.

Nice, soft pancakes.

Ingredients:
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter - melted using microwave

Method:
1.  Mix all the ingredients together till well combined
2.  Preheat Happycall pan for 2 mins on low heat
3.  Pour 3 tablespoon of the batter into the pan
4.  Once the bubbles on the top start to break, flip the pancake over and let it cook for another 1-2 mins*
5.  Repeat till the batter is finished
6.  Serve warm with honey and butter**

*   Do not press the pancake, otherwise it will not be fluffy
**  Can be served with anything from maple syrup to whipped cream to fruit jams

No comments: